Little is known about Condicote prior to the Norman invasion. In 1086 the Doomsday Book records
four estates in Condicote, with a resident population of four slaves. One of these estates was a
berewick of Oddington Manor (to the south-east) which was supporting fourteen ploughs and
sixteen villagers, four small holders and two riding men.
The church of St. Nicholas, Condicote was founded in the 12th century and retains many of its original Norman features, in particular the south doorway. The earliest documentary reference to the church at Condicote is in 1291.
There is little evidence that the villagers were employed in anything other than agriculture, and the church was comparatively poor throughout the medieval and post-medieval periods.
The church was extensively remodelled in the 15th century and it was at this time that the window opposite the entrance in the north wall of the nave was constructed. It has a typical medieval trefoil shape where the tracery at the top of each window pane is carved into the shape of a three lobed leaf.
The Church was further restored by Hookham in 1888-89 at which time all the plaster was scraped from the internal walls and the west bellcote, the south porch and the north vestry were constructed as part of this work.
The north wall of the vestry started to fall away from the rest of the structure and was underpinned in 2013.